Last Updated: September 15, 2020
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identifiable individual and includes information that, while on its own may not identify an individual, may identify an individual when combined with other information. Some examples of Personal Data include names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and online identifiers.
“Process” or “Processing” means any action that a person can take with respect to Personal Data, including without limitation, collecting, using, sharing, and altering Personal Data.
2. Table of Contents
- Why We Collect Personal Data
- What Personal Data We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Data
- Grounds for Processing Personal Data
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- Retention of Personal Data
- Security of Personal Data
- Rights Relating to Personal Data
- Third-Party Materials
- Personal Data About Other Individuals
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
3. Why We Collect Personal Data
We may collect your Personal Data for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to provide our Services to you;
- to collect and process payments for Services;
- to respond to your communications with us;
- to contact you about updates to the Services, internal marketing and promotional offers, and service-related communications;
- for internal statistical and operational reasons to better understand how our Services are used;
- to improve our Services; and
- to carry out any other purpose which is disclosed to you and for which you consent, or as is otherwise permitted by applicable law.
4. What Personal Data We Collect
- General. Personal Data that we may collect through your use of the Services and/or any of your communications with us includes, without limitation:
- your first name, last name, email address, age and gender;
- sales information including but not limited to collectible provincial and general sales tax information;
- payment information (e.g., billing address, credit card information, and banking information) to be used to pay for Services;
- information about how you use the Services (e.g., your length of visits to our website, and the time and frequency of your visits to our website), so that we can improve the effectiveness and function of our Services;
- information about your computer or mobile device, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser and operating system type, resolution of your screen, language settings in your browser, referring URLs, and other technical information so that we can secure our Services and improve their effectiveness and function; and
- any personal data you may otherwise provide through your use of the Services.
- Sensitive Personal Data. We will ask for your explicit, written consent before we collect any Sensitive Personal Data from you, unless an alternative legitimate basis exists for processing such data pursuant to applicable law. “Sensitive Personal Data” means data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sex life, sexual orientation; genetic data; or biometric data.
5. How We Collect Personal Data
- Collection through Services. We may collect Personal Data from you and any devices that you may use when you:
- communicate with us;
- any information that you voluntarily provide to us; and
- subscribe to our mailing lists.
Most web browsers allow you to modify your settings to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies entirely. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you have the option of blocking or disabling cookies. Your computer provides you with the ability to clear all cookies that have been stored onto your hard drive, should you wish to do so. However, please be aware that you may be unable to access certain parts of the Services if you block or disable our cookies. For more information about cookies, please see: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Web Analytics. We may use web analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel) in order to better understand the user experience on our website, including without limitation:
- the website you came from;
- how long you stayed on our website;
- what products or pages you looked at;
- what products you purchased, refunded or declined to purchase;
- what buttons you clicked;
- what browser you are using; and
- what device you are using.
Any use of such analytics services by us will be governed by the terms and conditions of the web analytics provider. The analytics providers may collect your Personal Data when you access and use our website. These third parties may set and access their own tracking technologies (including cookies and web beacons) and may otherwise collect or have access to your device identifier, site usage information, and related information about you.
If you do not wish to participate in web analytics, you may be able to download an opt-out browser add-on. Your web browser may also allow you to set a “Do Not Track” signal when you use online services. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/. You may also contact us at the “Contact Us” section below regarding any questions about web analytics services that we may use.
6. Grounds for Processing Personal Data
- General. We will not process your Personal Data without your consent, unless we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data. The type of consent we may rely on in processing your Personal Data will vary based on your reasonable expectations, the sensitivity of your Personal Data, and the circumstances surrounding the collection of your Personal Data. Express consent is when you willingly agree (e.g., orally, in writing, or electronic agreement) to the processing of your Personal Data for particular purposes. Implied consent is when: (a) you do not expressly give consent, but you rather volunteer Personal Data for obvious purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances; or (b) you are given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of your Personal Data being processed for specified purposes, and you do not opt-out.
7. Disclosure of Personal Data
- Service Providers. We may provide your Personal Data to third party service providers in order to help us achieve the Purposes and operate our Services. For example, we may use third party service providers to help us process payments, analyze usage of our Services, track the effectiveness of our marketing strategies and communications, assist with the prevention, detection and investigation of potentially illegal acts and security breaches, collect and process error and crash reports, and store data. These third parties are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these services to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Data as we do.
- Corporate Transactions. We may also disclose or transfer your Personal Data to affiliates or third parties in the event of a proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or equity, subject in each case to customary confidentiality agreements.
- Legal Disclosure. We may disclose Personal Data if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. This includes the disclosure of Personal Data where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Greenline will have no liability associated with any such disclosures made in good faith.
8. Retention of Personal Data
- We will retain your Personal Data only as long as necessary to: (a) fulfill the Purposes; (b) protect our legal rights; and (c) comply with applicable law. We will securely delete or anonymize the Personal Data once it is no longer necessary for us to hold it. We are not responsible for any liability or loss you experience as a result of such disposal of Personal Data.
9. Security of Personal Data
- We protect your Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Such measures include employing industry-standard encryption at every stage of contact with you and your data. We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your Personal Data to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it. While we maintain a robust system of data protection, no method of transmission over the Internet, or other method of storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We encourage you to also take steps to protect Personal Data by, for example, closing all web browsers after using our website.
10. Rights Relating to Personal Data
- General. You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to applicable law:
- Right to be Informed. To know how your Personal Data is collected, how it is used, and how it is disclosed and stored. This further includes:
- Right to Withdraw Consent. To withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please be advised that withdrawing your consent to the processing of Personal Data may impact the provision of Services. For further information on this, please contact our Privacy Officer as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Right to Make a Complaint. To make a complaint about the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Access. To receive a copy of your Personal Data.
- Right to Rectification. To request correction of your Personal Data.
11. Third-Party Materials
- Occasionally, we may include or offer third party products, services, links and/or applications through our Services (collectively, the “Third-Party Materials”). These Third-Party Materials are not owned, maintained, operated or controlled by Greenline. If you engage any Third-Party Materials, such third-party’s privacy notices and practices will apply. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your Personal Data once you provide it to a third-party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of each such third-party before any such engagement or disclosure. Greenline is not responsible for the content of such Third-Party Materials and does not make any representations, warranties or guarantees regarding the content or the privacy practices of such third parties. For certainty, Greenline disclaims any liability associated with your access to, use of, download of, or reliance on, such Third-Party Materials and their content. If you decide to access, use or download any such Third-Party Materials, you do so at your sole risk.
- To opt-out of receiving certain communications from us through your use of the Services (the “Communications”), you may either contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below, or, if applicable, click “Unsubscribe”. Please note that certain Communications may be necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Services, and opting out of those Communications may prevent the proper use of the Services.
13. Personal Data About Other Individuals
- Before providing any Personal Data on behalf of another person, you confirm that you have received all necessary authorizations to do so.
14. Children’s Privacy
- By accessing or using the Services, you warrant and represent that you are over the age of 19 or have parental (or legal guardian) consent to use the Services. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Data from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that data.
16. Contact Us
Email Address: email@example.com
Attention: Greenline POS Privacy Officer
570 – 425 Carrall Street,
Vancouver, BC V6B 6E3